Saturday, February 25, 2012

ONE WORD 365 // Week 7, Books 6 & 7

Thanks to my friend Beth, I raced through Catching Fire and Mockingjay, the last two books in The Hunger Games series, via the shared book feature on my Kindle app.



Catching Fire and Mockingjay
By Suzanne Collins
New York: Scholastic Post, 2009 and 2010

Now I'm officially caught up on all things Hunger Games. And my life feels about the same.

I liked Book 1 and can't wait to see how it comes out in the movie. Book 2 was my favorite. Suzanne Collins built on Book 1 really well in my opinion and gave it enough twists and turns to keep things interesting.

Book 3 was my least favorite. I felt like she rushed to the ending. Like she realized, "Oh shoot! I only have 50 pages left! I need to wrap this up." I was just unsatisfied with how it sped along to wrap things up. And I didn't like that Peeta didn't play as large of a role.

All that said, I still bought Book 1 for my nephews and they raced through them in a couple days. I'll get the two books for them as well because I think it's a fun read overall.

No comments: