Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Pictures of Pasadena

I thought I should comment on the pictures that I'm posting to the right. They will be historic markers or interesting points in Pasadena.

This week is Fuller Theological Seminary. That is Payton Hall, one of the original buildings. So far I've had all my classes in the classroom extension to this building. The Seminary just celebrated 60 years this spring.

Last week's picture was the Rose Bowl, built in 1922. As a U of M/Big Ten football fan growing up, having the Rose Bowl in my backyard is pretty cool. Now I go jogging around it three days a week.

The first week's picture was the 1913 Colorado Street Bridge, also known as Suicide Bridge (can you guess why?). You see it when driving into Pasadena on the 134 highway, coming from anywhere west or north (pretty much the only direction I go - Burbank, Hollywood, Malibu, Simi Valley, etc.)

Read about it here: http://www.legendsofamerica.com/ca-suicidebridge.html

No comments: