Sunday, May 11, 2008

SPIRITUALITY AND MISSION

The missions course for this term. Looking at the various streams of Christian tradition and how they come together: holiness, contemplative, charismatic, evangelical, social justice and incarnational. We are also reading books from Desmond Tutu on the forgiveness and healing in South Africa post-apartheid and a book on compassion from Henri Nouwen. I read Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne - that will require it's own blog.

So far this course has led us to look at our own spiritual journey (I’m in the process of working on my spiritual autobiography) and how our context growing up has brought us to Fuller and how what we learn at Fuller will be applied to our future context. The further we get into the course, the more interesting it becomes. I don’t really have any specifics on this course because it keeps building. I also think most of what I’m getting out of this class is actually coming through my life outside Fuller....

No comments: